KHS 2020 Presidental Election Poll

Sabrina Stroman

With the presidential election less than a month away tensions are high and citizens are already placing in ballots. Even if you do not have the ability to vote this year your voice and opinion should be heard in this historic election. So we asked the students of KHS to respond to a poll about this very topic.


From the data, 93.4% of students would vote for the Democratic nominee Joe Biden, with the other 6.6% voting in favor of the reelection of Donald Trump.

65.5% of students said that this election is not their first time paying attention to politics. The other 34.4% said that this election marks their first time tuning into politics.

We also asked if students would vote for a third-party candidate if that was an option and 50.8% answered maybe, 27.9% answered yes, and 21.3 answered no.

Lastly, we asked the students to describe the issues that they thought were most important to be addressed by the presidential nominees. The most popular answers were the Black Lives Matter movement, Covid-19, LGBTQIA+, and women’s’ rights.


Remember if you can vote please do but if you cannot stay updated and use your voice!